Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #91-100

91. My parents will be sensitive to the fact that some or all of the children may develop health conditions, whether temporary or chronic, and both parents will participate equally in the care.
92. I have the right to spend reasonably equal time with both parents.
93. Both of my parents will have as frequent contact with the children as is practical.
94. Even when they are upset with each other as spouses, my parents will maintain at least a civil, businesslike relationship so they can remain excellent parents.
95. My parents will plan their schedules around the children’s needs and developmental requirements.
96. My parents will live in physical proximity to one another regardless of how a job transfer, separation, or divorce might threaten that goal.
97. My parents will be careful to support and not undermine each other, regardless of their feelings about each other.
98. My parents will agree on any restrictions on any people with whom they do not want the children to associate.
99. My parents will be able to agree that both of them act in the best interests of the children.
100. My parents will not set up their lives so that the majority of the day-to-day needs of the children will be met by only one parent.

No comments: