Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #201-210

201. My parents will not make me suffer because they are ill-equipped to handle life’s challenges.
202. I am not created to enhance my parents’ lives.
203. My parents will not use me as their advocates and will allow me to choose my own opinions without pressure.
204. If one of us has to feel miserable, my parents will choose themselves instead of me.
205. My parents will not compete with each other.
206. The time I spend with my parents will not be an unreasonable burden to me.
207. My parents will not base their decisions on anger, hurt, fear, or frustration.
208. My parents will focus on solutions to my problems and theirs, rather than just complaining.
209. My parents will not hold me captive as if I were a prisoner.
210. When my parents make a life change, especially an important one, they will prioritize my needs above their own so that that they, not I, bear the brunt of the adjustment.

No comments: