Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #131-140

131. My parents will refrain from comparing the children to the other parent in a negative way.
132. My parents will accept the children’s love for, and loyalty to, the other parent.
133. Neither of my parents will complain to the children about each other.
134. Neither of my parents will rely on the children for emotional support.
135. Neither of my parents will complain about money to the children.
136. My parents acknowledge that both of them are important to the children.
137. My parents will agree to be sensitive to the children’s emotional needs and their loyalty to both parents.
138. My parents will agree neither to criticize the other parent in the children’s presence nor to speak about the other parent in any way that would make the children uncomfortable or cause the children to have less respect, love, or affection for either parent.
139. My parents will make all reasonable efforts to stop other people who are speaking negatively about either parent in the children’s presence or within their earshot.
140. My parents will have all divorce-related conversations with lawyers, mediators, professionals, friends, and family members outside the presence and earshot of the children.

No comments: