Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #281-290

281. If their income decreases, my parents will cut spending on themselves before the family must make changes.
282. If my parents divorce and remarry, they will understand that their first duty is to the family they already have, rather than the new family they may want to go out and create.
283. My parents will tell me the truth about money.
284. My parents will practice what they preach about accountability and responsibility.
285. My parents will believe that education is important, and they will act in accordance with that ideal.
286. My parents will inspire me to believe that nothing is impossible through hard work and careful planning.
287. My parents will plan for my future education immediately if they have not already.
288. My parents will not place a higher priority on funding their cars and toys than my college education.
289. My parents will have enough education to support our family at a comfortable level.
290. My parents will both contribute to making my education happen, whether their contribution is monetary or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>>>282. If my parents divorce and remarry, they will understand that their first duty is to the family they already have, rather than the new family they may want to go out and create.

Some good information here that people need to look at before they divorce and remarry:

Leslie McFall has an interesting way to deal with the so-called exception clause in Matthew 19:9 that some hold allows for divorce and remarriage in the case of marriage unfaithfulness.

He has written a 43 page paper that reviews the changes in the Greek made by Erasmus that effect the way Matthew 19:9 has been translated. I reviewed McFall's paper at Except For Fornication Clause of Matthew 19:9. I would love to hear some feedback on this position.

I also have list of good conservative articles on the subject of Divorce and Remarriage.