Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #211-220

211. My parents will not make promises they cannot keep, and they will honor the commitments they make.
212. My parents will listen when I respectfully tell them what I believe is important for them to know.
213. My parents will behave consistently, not two-faced, around other people compared to how they act within our family.
214. My parents will be generous to other people with their money but they will also be sensible and set good examples.
215. My parents will honor the financial obligations they have to me and other people.
216. I am not a miniature clone of my parents, so I cannot be expected to have the same preferences and values.
217. My parents will remember that they are parents, not just people with kids.
218. My parents will understand that short-term financial sacrifices, such as one of them deciding to be a full-time parent.
219. My parents will establish clear standards so that I can predict what will happen as I choose my actions.
220. Even when times get tough, my parents will provide stability and a solid example for me.

No comments: