Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #21-30

21. My parents will acknowledge that being married or being parents involves sacrifices, and they will not make me, my siblings, or the other parent feel guilty for what they have given up to be spouses and parents.
22. My parents will understand that they, not my grandparents or my extended family, are responsible for providing for our family.
23. My parents that they are the parents, so they will not farm out the job of raising our family to relatives or anyone else.
24. My parents will settle our family in an area where they reasonably expect to stay, and they will make every effort to encourage us to visit a good portion, if not all, of our extended family.
25. My parents will not behave in any way that makes the police or the courts have to manage our family.
26. My parents will not intimidate the other parent into seeking help from another person, including an official, if the seeking parent legitimately feels it is necessary.
27. My parents will honor any legal or moral responsibilities that they have to any other people without losing the sight of their duty to our family.
28. Our family will live in a safe and warm home that is similar in size and quality to typical homes in our area.
29. My parents will appreciate that taking vacations is important and will provide in their budget for an out-of-town trip at least once a year.
30. Our family will eat meals in restaurants at least twice a month and will eat dinner at home, all together as a family at least twice a month.

No comments: