Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #301-310

301. My parents will not live with anyone who has committed a crime of any level except the most minor.
302. My parents will not make more than one big change at a time, so that my life can adjust to each one separately and as gradually as is appropriate.
303. My parents will understand that their in-laws are still my relatives and always will be.
304. My parents will plan for, and discuss with me in an age-appropriate way, what will happen if they pass away unexpectedly while I am still a child.
305. My parents will arrange for people who live close to me and already get along with me to take care of me if my parents themselves cannot.
306. My parents will agree on increasing independence for me as I get older and more responsible.
307. My parents will live in homes that they, not someone else, can afford.
308. My parents will consider my needs and my stability when they think about moving our family to a new home.
309. My parents will understand that tutoring, lessons, athletics, and entertainment are not luxuries, but instead they are parts of a normal life for a teenager.
310. My parents will understand that my schedule will need to be more and more flexible as I get older.

No comments: