Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #221-230

221. My parents will understand that their work is supposed to help them spend more time with the family, not just supply an excuse to avoid the family even more.
222. My parents will not use me to get back at my other parent or to gain some advantage for themselves against someone else.
223. My parents’ first responsibility is to support the family, not to take wild risks to suit their passions.
224. I will be able to feel that I matter equally to both parents.
225. My parents will not consider me a burden, and they will not do anything to make me think I am.
226. My parents will not organize their time so that one does all the paid work and one does all the housework and parenting.
227. My parents will not lean on their work schedules to escape their responsibilities at home or to avoid spending time with each other or the family.
228. My parents will value what both of them contribute to the household.
229. My parents will respect the other’s parenting style or will take steps to resolve any problems rather than just complaining about the other or contradicting the other.
230. My family is my parents’ top priority and my parents will both be available to meet my and my siblings’ needs.

No comments: