Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #71-80

71. My parents will understand that as I get older, it will cost more and more for me to live at the same level.
72. My parents will accept that tutoring charges, sports fees, and normal social events are reasonable expenses.
73. My parents will understand that neither one of them has to earn time with us from the other.
74. My parents will establish a college fund immediately if they have not already done so, and they will supply it with enough money to pay for at least half the full cost of attendance for four full school years at the most expensive public university in our state.
75. My parents will use money from a college fund or some other source to pay at least half the cost of attendance at the most expensive public university in our state, for up to four years, as long as I am in school full-time.
76. I will have the right to keep my progress in college confidential as long as I can prove that I am attending class and am achieving at least a 3.0 grade point average.
77. My parents will each have a life insurance policy, for at least five years’ income, naming the other parent and the children as the beneficiaries, so that if they die unexpectedly, our family will not be in a negative financial position.
78. At least one of my parents will be employed at a job that offers good medical insurance, or my parents will obtain that insurance so that we don’t have to worry about how going to the doctor or the hospital will impact our family’s financial situation.
79. The health insurance will cover expenses for medical, dental, counseling, physical therapy, orthodontic, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and prescription needs.
80. My parents will not spoil themselves with unnecessary medical procedures (plastic surgery, unless all the obligations to the family under the Teenagers’ Bill of Rights are already paid.

No comments: