Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #231-240

231. My parents will enforce consistent expectations.
232. My parents will understand that how they act as parents can and should be different from their function as spouses.
233. My parents will be reasonably strict but not excessively so.
234. My parents will teach me how to be a member of society by respecting me.
235. My parents will not bribe me or manipulate me into doing whatever they want.
236. My parents will not try to get me to dislike either of them or to prefer one of them over the other.
237. My parents will not distance me from my other parent.
238. My parents will make adult decisions and will not force me to or ask me to.
239. My parents will give me values that are not confusing.
240. My parents will not place me in the crosshairs of their addictions.

No comments: