Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #151-160

151. My parents will agree on the religious beliefs, if any, that our family will practice.
152. No abusive discipline will be used on the children.
153. My parents will not discipline their children for speaking respectfully to the parents, even if the parents do not agree.
154. No shame-based disciplinary methods (critical comments, name-calling, etc.) will be used to correct the children.
155. My parents will have consistent standards for discipline so that the children know what to expect at all times.
156. Only my parents, and no other person, including caregivers and subsequent spouses or partners of either one of my parents, will be permitted to discipline the children.
157. The parents will not be permitted to pit one parent against the other or to manipulate the children for the parents’ own gain.
158. The children will receive a weekly allowance, which will either be given freely or in exchange for reasonable chores.
159. The children will eat a consistent and healthy diet with fruits or vegetables served with every meal.
160. My parents will allow an age-appropriate bedtime or curfew.

No comments: