Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #31-40

31. My parents will not engage in expensive activities if they also claim that they cannot afford to pay for the traditional activities for their children that are typical at each age.
32. My parents will hold me to high standards but not unreasonable ones, regardless of what kind of students they were in elementary school, middle school, and high school.
33. My parents will respect my privacy except in an emergency or when they have probable cause to suspect that I am doing something illegal or a violation of their rules.
34. My parents will both have training in a career in case they need to enter the working world.
35. Neither of my parents’ responsibilities to their jobs will affect their ability to be active parents.
36. My parents will not use their education to compare themselves to each other, even if one spouse is better educated or if one helped put the other through school.
37. My parents will get effective treatment for any mental illnesses, even minor ones, that they may have.
38. Neither of my parents will abuse any substances, whether they are illegal or not.
39. Neither of my parents will abuse each other physically.
40. Neither of my parents will abuse each other emotionally.

No comments: