Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #191-200

191. My parents will not allow me to think that the world revolves around me.
192. My parents will not marry a bad person just because they like a “project” and believe they can change that person.
193. My parents will deal with their problems without running away from them.
194. My parents will not send me away just because life is difficult for them.
195. My parents will consider how their involvement with people, including new partners or spouses, will impact me.
196. My parents will not allow their new partners or spouses to make decisions, other than emergencies, that affect me.
197. My parents will love me unconditionally, even when it is less convenient for them.
198. My parents will understand that they will always be my parents, not just until I am 18 and they can kick me out of the house, although my own responsibilities will keep increasing as I get older.
199. My parents will not have children to benefit themselves or to make themselves feel better about life.
200. My parents will not marry someone with “issues” unless that person is in the process of taking steps to get better.

No comments: