Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #251-260

251. My parents will understand that if they suppress what I think, they will only make my feelings stronger.
252. My parents will have difficult discussions with each other in a neutral place, rather than at home.
253. My parents will speak to me the way they want me to speak with other people.
254. My parents will understand that I am probably far smarter and more capable than they may give me credit for, so they will not underestimate me.
255. My parents will be civil to each other even outside my presence, even when they are upset with each other.
256. My parents will safeguard their passwords and any letters, notes, or e-mails from one of them to the other.
257. My parents will each keep the other from isolating me from the other parent or the rest of the world.
258. My parents will not try to fool me.
259. My parents will not do anything to suggest to me that any financial problems they have are my fault.
260. I should not have to be either of my parents’ mouthpieces.

No comments: