Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #261-270

261. My parents will take the “high road” and do the right thing even when the other parent does not.
262. My parents will not deliberately put down the other parent in my presence.
263. I will not have to be responsible for my parents’ decision to pick a bad spouse or to be a bad spouse.
264. I will not be an ally of one parent over the other.
265. My parents will not engage in a power play, maximizing their competitive advantage over the other parent while ruining his or her credibility in my eyes.
266. I should not have to consider (excessively) my parents’ needs, but they will keep mine at the front of their minds.
267. My parents will understand that I will not always be able to be fully objective about them or myself.
268. I will define my own relationships with each of my parents, even if that means that I am closer to one of them than to the other.
269. My parents will let me form my own opinions about them and their character.
270. My parents will model respect for all people, even those they don’t like.

No comments: