Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #41-50

41. My parents will not use the fact that one of them came into the marriage with more or less money as a point of argument against the other parent.
42. My parents will make an agreement before they are married, or while they are married or divorced if they already are, about what they value and the rules they will follow as my parents.
43. My parents will understand that one spouse often makes more money than the other, and they will not use their incomes to value their contribution.
44. If my parents ever separate or divorce, they will attempt to take turns living in the home while the kids live there all the time.
45. My parents will draft a will as soon as they get married, or as soon as they find out they are having their first child, whichever comes first.
46. My parents will not make stupid investments that tie up all their money so that they cannot pay for even basic things with cash.
47. My parents will agree on the quality of things they will buy, so that they are not constantly fighting about who spent money on what.
48. My parents will drive vehicles that are worth approximately the same value.
49. All the vehicles my parents drive will be safe and will be maintained in good repair.
50. My parents will not borrow money to buy a car or truck unless the interest rate they pay on the loan is less than the interest rate they earn on their investments.

No comments: