Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #111-120

111. My parents will communicate with each other about the children’s health.
112. If a child goes to the doctor for an illness, misses school because of illness, takes a prescription medication, or regularly takes a non-prescription medication for more than 24 hours, the other parent will be informed within 24 hours.
113. My parents will not have any qualms about the other’s ability to act in the best interests of the children.
114. My parents will agree that the other parent is responsible, competent, and mentally sound.
115. Other than minor traffic violations, neither of my parents will in any criminal activity.
116. Neither parent will associate during parenting time with a person who has been convicted of, or has pled guilty or no contest to, an assault against any person, or any other crime, or any crime in which the victim was a child.
117. During parenting time, neither parent will be, or associate with a person who is, intoxicated or under the influence of any substance, whether legal or illegal.
118. My parents will not use tobacco in any form in the presence of the children, and will not allow anyone else to do so.
119. My parents will have equal access to us children and to our lives, including the equal right to consult with the children’s school administrators, teachers, tutors, care providers, counselors and doctors directly.
120. In the case of a counselor, my parents will afford the counselor the discretion to keep my conversations confidential and not reveal my comments to either parent or anyone else, other than for mandatory reporting requirements for abuse or imminent harm.

No comments: