Monday, November 24, 2008

Teen Bill of Rights, #151-160

161. Each of the children will each be allowed a birthday party with friends every year or every two years.
162. If the child is not old enough to have his or her own funds from allowances or earned income, my parents will provide up to $20 for each child with which the child can purchase a gift.
163. Regardless of the legality or illegality of tape-recording conversations or intercepting e-mail messages, my parents agree not to engage in either activity.
164. My parents will attend a parenting class or support group at least twice a year to gain new skills.
165. My parents will plan for the future, both theirs and mine.
166. My parents will be married rather than just living together so that they show some commitment to the family’s future.
167. My parents will surround themselves with people who will tell them what they need to know instead of what they want to hear.
168. My parents will be predictable and will not keep me guessing.
169. My parents will understand that leading a family involves being on the same page about money, feelings, religion, and countless other aspects.
170. My parents will set financial goals, with a clear plan for achieving them, and they will show me how to do the same.

No comments: